Sunday, February 17, 2008

San Francisco Gate Interviews Marion


Thanks to kvc, fan extraordinaire, for sending in this article. One of the things we discovered while reading it was that, as suspected, Marion is a bit sick (all this globe-trotting cannot be too healthy). Let's hope she gets better soon.


Marion Cotillard has had better days. Looking a bit pale, bundled up in a black cowl-neck sweater and slouching deeply into a sofa, she occasionally reaches for a cup of tea. With any luck, the drink will help fight off a cold that's left her with a rib-rattling cough.

Behind her, outside the 12th-floor window of a downtown San Francisco hotel, the sky and surroundings are dull gray, streaked with heavy rainfall; it's not unlike a typical winter day in Paris, which may make the 32-year-old Parisian actress even more homesick. She's been away from her terre natale for a year and a half, doing publicity for the biopic "La Vie en Rose," in which she plays Edith Piaf, and she says she longs to be back with her family and friends.

Not that she's complaining.

"I can't say, 'Oh, yeah, I'm fed up, baba baba baba," she says in charmingly accented English, employing her equivalent of yada yada. "If I would say this, I wish someone would say, 'Eh, hello! Do you know what's happening to you? Do you know that people would love to be where you are right now?'"

More here.

As you probably know, Marion is now back in France!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

this interview is some days old, so Marion should be ok now!

maria said...

All the people I know who've been having a cold have problems shaking it off - myself included. And we're not even globe-trotting!

Dorothy Porker said...

Same here, actually ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi k,
The best thing to help your sinus problem is cleanse your nose cavity with WARM SALT WATER. I saw it on Oprah show, Dr.Oz, he always on her show answer medical problems. It is called a "nose bidet" or "neti pot", google image. You bend your head to one side and pore the liquid into one side of the nose and it comes out on another. It's sound crazy, but really works. Use sterilised water or boil it before use.

k said...

I'm not having problems with my nose so much as I'm having problems with my eyes and head. And my voice has completely abandoned me...I think it's hiding in my chest, which is why there's so much pressure built up there.

I'm on antibiotics, but I'll try the salt water...it's what my mother always used to make me do when I was younger, never liked it.

Anonymous said...

I had cold like yours in early Fall, completely lost my voice, took forever for it to go away. The one right now has been a week, should goes away soon at least my sinus headache has gone with salt water.
Hope you getting better soon, coming Sunday is a big day.

k said...

Thank you. I hope you fell better too!

k said...

I'm going to need my voice to scream like a lunatic when Marion wins her Oscar!

Anonymous said...

I can not wait, César is on Friday, a warm up to the Oscar.

Anonymous said...

I hope your sinus infection is better soon. I used to suffer really badly from them, when I was younger. It's the season for colds, coughs and flu’s, but the weather will be getting better soon. I hope, if Marion goes, she will enjoy the Cesar's, they’re a, rather, classy affair (much more than the BAFTA’s or the Oscar’s). She will with a doubt win, unless something completely unbelievable happens. She'll have a pair then; she can use them as bookends ;-)

I do like the appearance of the Bafta award, they’re by far the prettiest I think.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a bookends. What images are on the César, a lot of carving, and looks heavy.

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I guess I'd have to see one up close to know. There appear to be a lot of different images craved onto them. I know roses are there. I like the Bafta; after the Greek symbol for drama, and the Oscar’s are iconic looking, the globes and the emmy's are fairly ugly though. The Cesar is very pretty too. G. Canet gave an interview to the Guardian Newspaper (in the UK) last summer, and they asked him what he did with his Cesar, and he said it was in his fridge because that makes him laugh. I love that idea. A lot of stars are like: it’s in our bathroom, its being used as a doorstop, with a lot of their awards.

I like the Guardian, they ‘usually’ have good interviews with people, but they’re rather snobby, and often pretentious, and they haven’t been terribly nice about Marion, and ‘la Vie en Rose’, although they did say, a few weeks ago, that she should win the Bafta, but that the film itself was woeful. They haven’t interviewed her though, and all the other big broadsheets in the UK have: The Times, the Telegraph, the Independent. In fact, the Times have interviewed her on a good few occasions, over the years.