Sunday, February 24, 2008

MARION WINS OSCAR!!!!! - OFFICIAL 80TH ANNUAL OSCAR POST


*HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE. THANK YOU ALL FOR BELIEVING* Watch Marion's thank you here from backstage. And here's the WINNING MOMENT: Thank you, eegah! Big hug my friend, you've been there since the beginning.
This is the lineup:

AWARD#1
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
(Jennifer Garner): 5:54 PM (PT)
WINNER - ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE

AWARD #2
ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
(Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway): 5:54 PM (PT)
WINNER - RATATOUILLE

AWARD #3
MAKEUP
(Katherine Heigl): 5:57
WINNER - LA VIE EN ROSE!!!

PERFORMANCE - SONG #1 (26) 6:03:09
“Happy Working Song”(2:07)
(Amy Adams-vocals, orchestra)

AWARD #4
VISUAL EFFECTS
(Dwayne Johnson): 6:09
WINNER - THE GOLDEN COMPASS

AWARD #5
ART DIRECTION
(Cate Blanchett): 6:13
WINNER - SWEENEY TODD

Here Jon Stewart will joke about Blanchett’s double nomination as Queen Elizabeth and as Bob Dylan.

More, way more, after the cut
AWARD #6
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
(Jennifer Hudson): 6:18
WINNER - JAVIER BARDEM (Oh my God, this is the first time I've ever cried during an Oscar speech since Tom Hanks' win for "Philadelphia." Beautiful tribute to his family and his country. Felicidades Javier!

PRESENTER INTRO PERFORMANCE 6:27
(Keri Russell)

PERFORMANCE - SONG #2 6:27
“Raise It Up”
(Jamia Simone Nash, Impact Repertory Theatre of Harlem [21],
Total Praise Community Choir [15], Orchestra)

AWARD #7
LIVE ACTION SHORT FILM
(Owen Wilson): 6:30
WINNER - THE MOZART OF PICKPOCKETS

AWARD #8
ANIMATED SHORT FILM
(Barry B. Benson): 6:36
WINNER - PETER AND THE WOLF

AWARD #9
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
(Alan Arkin): 6:39
WINNER - TILDA SWINTON

SCI-TECH AWARDS RECAP 6:49:20
(Jessica Alba)

AWARD #10
ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
(James McAvoy, Josh Brolin): 6:50
WINNER - NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

PRESENTER INTRO PERFORMANCE 6:57:38
(Miley Cyrus)

PERFORMANCE - SONG #3
“That’s How You Know”
(Kristin Chenoweth-vocals, Dancers [32],
Marlon Saunders-singer, Steel Drummer,
Kids [2], Tuba Players [4], Chorus [16]): 7:00

AWARD #11
SOUND EDITING
(Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen): 7:06
WINNER -THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM

AWARD #12
SOUND MIXING
(Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen): 7:09
WINNER - THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM

AWARD #13
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
(Forest Whitaker): 7:15
WINNER - MARION COTILLARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full List Here

Thank you Yawa for sending in the first photo of Marion on the red carpet!

MARION'S ARRIVAL
(click to enlarge...from Yawa)



UPDATE from k: Dorothy, feel free to add anything to this post as the evening goes on. I'm not in a position to live blog, so if you could update with photos and news of La Vie en Rose's wins/losses...well, you'd do that anyway, because you're on top of things. And this is your blog.

UPDATE from Dorothy: Totally. I'll be posting winners as they are announced. And k, it's totally OUR blog :-) Stay tuned guys, and don't be shy and post (I know you're out there...we broke our own record hours ago).

UPDATE from k: Oui...our blog. But you had the brains to start it first. I'm a little sad to let go. How pathetic is that? And I'm still waiting for red carpet photos of Marion to pop up. I haven't seen her yet!

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watched the interview , ABC ere sort of jerks , they were rushing the interview and they were asking a stupid question like "So are you gonna make everybody cry in all your films?" at least Seacrest interview was adorable.

Dorothy Porker said...

I missed that one! Well, Lisa Rinna said "You're going to win it!" to Marion. Very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hoooo crap I forgot about TV guide I wanted to see all the red carpet interviews lol But no matter what our little mermaid looks adorable :)

Anonymous said...

Great dress. Beautiful girl. That is Hollywood.

Dorothy Porker said...

So true!

k said...

dor, is there anyway to fix the formatting for those pics that Yawa sent in?

Dorothy Porker said...

I suck at the photo thing -- but your thumbnails look awesome!

Anonymous said...

I hate the dress but I hope she has a good time.

k said...

Well I can't seem to get them all on the same row...can you send the full sized pictures to me so I can re-upload them, start from scratch?

Anonymous said...

Where is Julie Christy, no show?

Dorothy Porker said...

I saw somewhere that she was there.

Anonymous said...

She's there.

Anonymous said...

Is Vanessa Paradis with Jhonny Depp,havnt seen her?

Anonymous said...

Marion in tears La Vie en Rose win Make up.

Dorothy Porker said...

Vanessa is there too.

Marion is so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say that the winn for Make up is good news that means that people at the academy voted for La vie en rose.

siutou_amy said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy! What a great winner. Glad we'll get to see her present next year as well.

siutou_amy said...

I am sooooooooooooooooo emotional!! she WONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. THANK YOU everyone on this website to share this moment hahaha

xD

Anonymous said...

I am in tears OH MY GOD Marion!!!!!!!
dorothy and k help!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah good for her, and she kept it together (I can't bare it when they fall apart)

Dorothy Porker said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ACADEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YEEEEEEESSSSSS I love the academy.

Dorothy Porker said...

I ALMOST HAD A HEART-ATTACK

Dorothy Porker said...

I ALMOST HAD A HEART-ATTACK

Dorothy Porker said...

I ALMOST HAD A HEART-ATTACK

Anonymous said...

ME TOO I had my eyes closed while he was opening his envellope.

k said...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I sprained my ankle running to the computer

Anonymous said...

I cant wait for a video because I was soo happy I was jumping around instead of watching the tv screen.

Anonymous said...

Go to oscar.com there is thank you cam. the winner talk to press behind the stage. Marion should show up soon.

Anonymous said...

Yes there is an angle. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Marion is on thank you cam video she speaks French, totally on cloud nine, soooooooooooo sweet.
http://oscar.com/video/index?channel=6856

Eoghan McQ said...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ctrURZ-CFX8

THATS THE WIN BABY!!!

I am so fucking happy.

Dorothy Porker said...

Thanks for the links, guys. I've updated the post :) Happy dance happy dance...

Kit van Cleave said...

There are just some times when all the planets are in line, all the stars align, and the good guys win.
I shall miss being in touch with you all. Let me know if you move to another location. Congratulations to all!

Dorothy Porker said...

We'll definitely be in touch, kit. And you put it so eloquently.

hakimjacques said...

How to make money from sports betting: 7 steps for making money
The 창원 출장샵 easiest way to หาเงินออนไลน์ make money betting in the sports betting world is to combine the 파주 출장마사지 money in 전라남도 출장마사지 your pocket and your What is the simplest way to make money from sports betting?What is the 여주 출장안마 easiest way to make money from sports betting?