Monday, January 21, 2008

The "Big" Day

The moment is near. Tomorrow morning, Oscar nominations for the 80th Academy Awards will be announced. Here at Marion Cotillard's Road to Oscar, we hope a well-deserved nomination comes her way. For one, if it doesn't, the title of the blog looks proper stupid. But seriously folks, let's stay positive and rest assured that, as my dear Serena from Awards Daily stated in an effort to calm down my last-minute nerves:

Marion is in very good shape as of now. It’s true. Nobody knows anything. But I’m VERY confident that Marion’s name will be called. For one thing, Best Actress is not ridiculously competitive this year. (Well, it seems it never is. *sigh*) Plus I don’t think even they could ignore a performance of this magnitude. I think her chances of getting in are very close to the 90% mark. Posssibly even higher. AMPAS can be foolish. But I don’t think that they’re that stunned.


So take a deep breath, and wake up early tomorrow morning to check out the nominations ceremony. If you live outside the US, you can go here at around 8:30am (EST) to watch the ceremony live.

¡Buena suerte Marion!

No comments: