Sunday, December 30, 2007

TOUR DE FORCE

Scott Feinberg, a Boston-based critic and editor of andthewinneris.blog.com, interviewed Marion about a month ago about her film career so far and her work on La Vie en Rose. Read the full interview here. He also spoke to her on the 14th, after her Globe nomination. Here's a snippet of the first interview:

TOUR DE FORCE!

THE PERFORMANCE OF MARION COTILLARD AS FRENCH ICON EDITH PIAF IN LA VIE EN ROSE IS NOT JUST ONE OF THE BEST OF 2007, BUT EVER. NOW, MEET THE WOMAN BEHIND THE MAGIC...

I read that you made a deliberate decision, when you were preparing to play Piaf, not to speak with people who knew her. Why was that?
Oh, no, no, no—I didn’t make that decision. I mean, I didn’t feel right away that I needed to meet people, but actually I met some people. I met two people who really helped me understand a lot of things about her. I met Georges Moustaki, who wrote ‘Milord,’ and who was one of her lovers. And I met Ginou, who was her best friend for fifteen years, and she really opened her heart and a part of her life for me in a very generous way, and she really helped me and supported me in all the process.

No comments: