Wednesday, December 5, 2007

NBR

The National Board of Review, a critics' group I respect, is announcing their 2007winners later today (2:00pm EST). Here's hoping that Marion makes a good showing (either in the Best Actress or Breakthrough Actress category). The folks over at Awards Daily, my favorite Oscar website ever, are declaring their "No guts, no glory" predictions. Mine are pretty gutless, however, and I thought I'd share them:

Best Film: No Country for Old Men
Best Director: Joel & Ethan Coen
Actor: Emile Hirsch
Actress: Marion Cotillard
Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem
Supporting Actress: Saoirse Ronan
Breakthrough Actor: Casey Affleck
Breakthrough Actress: Ellen Page
Original Screenplay: Juno
Adapted Screenplay: No Country for Old Men
Ensemble: Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
Animated: Ratatouille

OK, so I suppose my Saoirse Ronan prediction is a bit gutsy, but we'll see!

2 comments:

k said...

Here are my predictions:

Best Film: Sweeney Todd
Best Director: Joel & Ethan Coen
Best Actor: Johnny Depp
Best Actress: Laura Linney
Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem
Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
Breakthrough Actor: Emile Hirsch
Breakthrough Actress: Marion Cotillard
Original Screenplay: Juno
Adapted Screenplay: Atonement
Ensemble: The Savages

k said...

The Savages or Juno as Ensemble, really.