Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Holidays, and all that

Coming off another loss (Oklahoma chose Ellen Page as Best Actress), I figured that a fun little holiday treat for all the readers was in order.

As you may or may not know, Marion has appeared in two different music videos -- one for a song called Givin' Up and another called No Reason To Cry Out Your Eyes by one of her favorite musicians (Hawksley Workman).

Givin' Up


No Reason To Cry Out Your Eyes


Happy holidays and happy (early) new year!

4 comments:

Dorothy Porker said...

Nice! I'd seen the "No Reason to Cry..." video, but the "Givin' Up" one is a find; and a hilarious one at that. Are they like a Backstreet Boy/*Nsync type group or something?

k said...

From what I can gather, it's a collaboration between a songwriter, guitarist, and singer who don't usually work together. I thought it was pretty funny, though.

Dorothy Porker said...

Ah, that makes sense. I half expected the dudes to break into choreographed moves at various points.

By the way, did you get a chance to see "Les Jolie Choses"? I'd love to hear your take on it. I thought the script was lacking and, consequently, the story line was pretty trite. Still, Marion was pretty amazing in it. She's one of the few actors out there who tug at my heartstrings whenever they cry.

k said...

I haven't had the chance to catch it, no. I've got a backup in my Netflix queue.