Friday, August 3, 2007

Method


A recent interview of Marion's has come to my attention. It's interesting in that she talks about her process pretty in-depth. I found it fascinating that she's not a "method" actor, per se. Here's an excerpt:

"I have never used, nor will I ever use, my personal life to feed a character. I don’t want to do that because I think it’s dangerous for me to think of sad events in my life to achieve certain emotions. I’m not the person who will be sad about someone’s life and go into that kind of emotional state. I see Edith’s entire life and, yes, parts of it were sad but she was also a very “living” person. As an actress it gives me great pleasure playing tragedy because it involves huge emotions where you can express a lot of things and really let go." More...

No comments: