Monday, October 1, 2007

Emile


So this is one of those tangents I warned you about. Just this past weekend I caught a showing of Sean Penn's "Into the Wild." Words fail me, and I really wish I could convey to you how great this film is. I was impressed with various performances, from Catherine Keener, to Kirsten Stewart, to the great Hal Holbrook (a sure-fire Oscar nominee for his work here). The music by Eddie Vedder is haunting. Sean Penn's direction...seamless.

But my highest praise goes to its young star Emile Hirsch. If I had any additional free time, I would quickly start an "Emile Hirsch's Road to Oscar" blog. He's guaranteed at least a nomination, and I'd love to see him take home the gold.

If you're fortunate enough to have a chance to see this film as it slowly widens its release, do yourself a favor and see the best American film released thus far this year. It's truly a thing of beauty.

Check out the trailer:

3 comments:

maria said...

I can't wait to see this film! I've watched the trailer countless times! marion-cotillard.org

jfc68 said...

Yes, i am going to watch this one.

Alaska is great, man. And so is crazy Sean Penn.

Dorothy Porker said...

Maria, You'll enjoy the film so much you'll want to go on a cross-country trip :)

jfc, have you been to Alaska? Color me jealous!